We are excited that you have chosen to come to Oxy for the remainder of your college career. While most of the information on this website and in the new student guide applies to both first-year and transfer students, we do want to mention a few points specifically applicable to you:
- The CSP seminar requirement is waived for transfer students.
- You also are not required to read Cathy O’Neil’s Weapons of Math Destruction over the summer, although you’re invited to do so.
Though you begin Orientation at the same time as first-years, you will have some specialized sessions during Orientation to discuss transfer of credits and academic advising specific to you.
- Transfer students will register before first-year students. To ensure proper transfer units, please make sure your most complete official transcripts are sent to the Admission Office as soon as possible.
- You should have already received your transfer credit evaluation within your Admission Portal.
- Over the summer, you may wish to contact the Advising Center to discuss how to satisfy any outstanding requirements.
Should you be interested in studying abroad or away from campus, it will be important for you to begin planning to take advantage of these opportunities soon after your arrival to campus as applications for spring are due in September. The International Programs Office is open all summer to answer any questions.
We recognize that you may have other questions unique to your experience as a transfer student; the staff in the following offices are especially qualified to assist you:
- Registrar’s Office
- Advising Center
- International Programs Office
- Residence Education and Housing Services
- Financial Aid Office
Get to know other incoming transfer students by joining the Occidental College Fall 2017 Transfer Facebook Group. We are excited to welcome you to the Oxy family and hope you use this space to get to know each other. There are also some staff members and current students available in the group to share updates and answer any questions you may have.